The Mississippi Link Newswire
The Mississippi Southern First Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction of the Church of God in Christ (MSFEJ COGIC) hosted its annual Leadership
Conference March 12 at the Mississippi e-Center at Jackson State University, 1230 Raymond Road, Jackson, Mississippi. The one-day seminar was designed to provide valuable learning and networking opportunities for persons of all ages.
“This year’s conference focused on feeding the entire body of Christ with an earnest and diligent passion to empower the Christian Lifestyle,” said Missionary Ada McGill, conference coordinator. “We talked about health, the importance of loving and caring for yourself, financial literacy and so much more. We provided our youth with a tour of the Mississippi History and Civil Rights Museums.”
The conference speakers and their topics included:
“A Healthy You” Concurrent Workshops
• Edward Clark III, IYD Collegiate Campus Ministry “Straight Talk with Millennials”
• Bishop Robert G. Rudolph Jr. Adjutant General, COGIC, Inc. “Protocol and Order”
• Elder Billy R. Brown, Pharm.D., director, MS Southern Christian Educational Ministry
Key Note Speaker
• John and Barbara Sanders, Life Coach “Leadership Essentials, Loving, Caring and Sharing” (1:30 pm)
• Josephus Shepherd, C.P.A, National Trustee Board Member, COGIC, Inc. “Leadership Financial Integrity”
The conference was part of the MSFEJ COGIC’s 2018 Workers Meeting. The week-long meeting was held at Davis Temple COGIC, 1700 Dalton Street, Mississippi, and featured a musical along with both day and evening worship services.