The Mississippi Link Newswire
The Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership, a 2,600-member non-profit organization, recently announced its incoming 2013 chairman, Socrates Garrett of Garrett Enterprises Consolidated Inc.
Originally chartered Aug. 23, 1880, as the Jackson Board of Trade and Cotton Exchange and primarily to serve the city of Jackson, the needs of chamber members changed over its 112-year history. On Sept. 12, 1921, it changed its name to the Jackson Chamber of Commerce.
In1992, it was known as the MetroJackson Chamber of Commerce – expanding its boundaries to cover all of Hinds, Madison and Rankin counties. And in 2007, it adopted its present name to reflect the growth of the economic development division’s area, which added Attala, Copiah, Leake, Simpson and Warren counties.
First established by business and professional men in the city of Jackson, the Partnership promotes interests beneficial to individual businesses and to the city as a whole. The Partnership represents more than 200,000 employees.
Members range from sole proprietors to large corporations.
Its Board of Directors and the Chamber staff are dedicated to enhancing the financial climate of the metropolitan business community by promoting all members with opportunities to expand their business.
Be the first to comment