From The Mississippi Link Newswire
I-55 Split Diamond project in Madison County may slow traffic
ntent/uploads/2012/12/Road-work-12.14.jpg” alt=”” width=”232″ height=”176″ />JACKSON – The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) would like to update motorists on the ongoing roadwork on the I-55 Split Diamond Project in Madison County.
Since placing traffic in the head-to-head format, all of the existing concrete and asphalt have been removed from the northbound lanes from Steed Road to Madison Avenue. The I-55 northbound bridges that span Steed Road and Madison Avenue have been completely removed.
The following roadwork is currently underway:
- Grading on the I-55 northbound lanes and East Frontage Road between Carl Avenue and Madison Avenue (when weather permits).
- Placing of three (3) retaining walls on I-55 northbound/East Frontage Road at Steed Road.
- Placing of two (2) retaining walls on I-55 northbound/East Frontage Road at Colony Park (the new east/west corridor between Sunnybrook Road and Highland Colony).
- Foundation (piling) work on the substructure of the I-55 bridge over Madison Avenue.
- Installing of the concrete median barrier wall around the U.S. Highway 463 Interchange.
To ensure minimum disruption and maintain safety, a service patrol vehicle will continue to be available to provide immediate assistance to motorists whose vehicles have become disabled throughout the work zone.
“Motorists should continue exercising extreme caution while traveling through the area,” said Central District Transportation Commissioner Dick Hall. “We look forward to completing this project safely while causing minimal traffic delays.”
Be the first to comment